WE’RE HIRING! COME AND JOIN OUR BAKERY TEAM!
Baker & Kitchen Manager
Experienced, enthusiastic Baker and Kitchen manager wanted for a part-time role (20-30hrs per week) at And The Dish Ran Away With The Spoon, a small independent bakery & tea shop based in West Didsbury,Manchester.
Our shop, external catering service and wholesale bakery business is getting busier and busier. As such, we are looking for a passionate, experienced baker and kitchen manager to help us grow our business
If you share our love of cake, have experience of baking beautifully presented and creatively produced cakes, and have a strong belief in independent business then we would like to hear from you.
Ideally you will:
- Have experience of baking and decorating cakes and cupcakes on a medium to large scale
- Have a meticulous eye for detail and quality, and a creative approach to your work
- Have experience of working within a commercial kitchen
- Have experience of managing suppliers and controlling stock (preferably in a food environment but other fields will be considered)
- Be experienced in managing and scheduling your work and that of others
- Have experience managing team members
- Work well under pressure and to a deadline
- Have a passion for baking and good food & drink
- Have an understanding of theUK(specifically the Northwest) food & drink scene
- Follow and have an understanding of baking and sweet trends
- Be passionate about working for and supporting independent business
The type of person we’re looking for:
- Dedicated and loyal
- Hard working and not afraid of physical work
- Outgoing and happy
You will be responsible for:
- Production of cakes and cupcakes for our tea-room, wholesale contracts and external catering service
- Development of our product range and creation of new products and services
- Managing our suppliers and controlling stock levels to ensure an efficiently run kitchen
- Managing and planning production schedules to ensure all our cake commitments are met efficiently
- Managing and motivating a small team of other kitchen staff
In return we will offer:
- A competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Career progression
- A rather nice place to work (we think so anyway)
- Free cake!
Start Date and Closing Date
This vacancy is not an immediate start. We anticipate the position to start in July/August 2012 but would consider an earlier start for the right person.
Closing date for applications is 15/06/12
Email Anna [firstname.lastname@example.org] telling her why you’d be great for the job and attach your CV. References will be required for the successful applicant.
Please note that due to overwhelming numbers of applications received for previous positions advertised, we will be unable to respond to every application.
Visit www.dishandspoonfood.co.uk for more information on who we are and what we do.