WE’RE RECRUITING! JUNIOR/APPRENTICE BAKER REQUIRED
Passionate, enthusiastic Junior/Apprentice Baker wanted for a part-time role (20-30hrs per week) at And The Dish Ran Away With The Spoon, a small independent bakery & tea shop based in West Didsbury, Manchester. The role is initially to cover maternity leave of 9 months but for the right person this could turn into a permanent position.
If you share our love of cake, are passionate about all things sweet and bakery and keen to develop and perfect your bakery skills and knowledge further in a commercial environment then this could be the perfect role for you.
Ideally you will:
- Be a regular amateur baker with a passion for all types of bakery work and a passion for good quality ingredients
- Have a meticulous eye for detail and quality, and a creative approach to your work within your current role
- Have experience of and work well under pressure and to deadlines
- Have a passion for good food & drink in general
- Have an understanding of the UK (specifically the Northwest) food & drink scene
- Follow and have an understanding of baking and sweet trends
- Be passionate about working for and supporting independent business
- Experience in a commercial kitchen would be preferable but isn’t essential
The type of person we’re looking for:
- Dedicated and loyal
- Hard working and not afraid of physical work or longer hours when required
- Outgoing and happy
- Keen to learn new skills and ‘be developed’
- Happy to work on Saturdays
You will be responsible for:
- Production of cakes and cupcakes for our tea-room, wholesale contracts and external catering service
- Helping to develop our product range and create new products and services
- Contribute to the continuing improvement of what we offer and the growth of the business
In return we will offer:
- A competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- Career progression
- A rather nice place to work (we think so anyway)
- Free cake!
Start Date and Closing Date
We anticipate the position to start end of October to early November 2012 but would consider an earlier start for the right person.
Closing date for applications is 24th October 2012. Email Anna [email@example.com] telling her why you’d be great for the job and attach your CV. Shortlisted applicants will be subject to trial shifts and references will be required for the successful applicant.
Please note that due to overwhelming numbers of applications received for previous positions advertised, we will be unable to respond to every application.
Visit www.dishandspoonfood.co.uk for more information on who we are and what we do.