WE’RE RECRUITING – WEEKEND SUPERVISOR/MARKETING ADMIN ASSISTANT REQUIRED!
Friendly, enthusiastic Front of House Supervisor and Admin/Marketing Assistant is wanted for a part-time role at And The Dish Ran Away With The Spoon, a small independent bakery & tea shop based in West Didsbury, Manchester. The role is initially for approx. 16 hours per week (Friday & Saturday) with the possibility for increased responsibility and hours in the future.
If you have experience in supervising staff in a fast-paced food-service environment, have excellent customer service skills and share our love of cake and independent business then this could be the perfect role for you.
Ideally you will:
- Have considerable experience (of which some must be in a supervisory/management capacity) in a customer-facing, food-service role
- Have experience of supervising staff and suppliers to ensure the smooth-running of a busy café/bar or similar environment
- Have excellent barista skills and be comfortable with operating a coffee machine
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and organisational skills
- Be familiar with social media (twitter and facebook etc.) and ideally have used it for marketing purposes in the past
- Have experience within an admin role and demonstrate good IT skills
- Have a meticulous eye for detail and work well under pressure in a busy environment
The type of person we’re looking for:
- Dedicated, loyal, outgoing and happy
- Have a passion for good food & drink in general
- Be passionate about working for and supporting a small independent business
- Have a confident approach with customers
- Flexible and hard-working and not afraid of physical work or longer hours when required
- Happy to work on Fridays and Saturdays
You will be responsible for:
- The management and smooth running of our tea-room at weekends (including staff management, stock control, cashing-up, kitchen liaison and customer service)
- Promoting our business through social media, web and email marketing
- Managing the admin system to support our external wedding and events service
- Helping to develop new products and services and contribute to the continuing improvement of what we offer and the growth of the business
In return we will offer:
- A competitive salary (dependent on experience)
- A rather nice place to work (we think so anyway)
- Free cake!
Start Date and Closing Date
We anticipate the position to start early to mid-November 2012 and closing date for applications is 31st October 2012
Email Anna [firstname.lastname@example.org] with a covering letter telling her why you’d be suitable for the job and attach your CV. Shortlisted applicants will be subject to trial shifts and references will be required for the successful applicant.
Please note that due to overwhelming numbers of applications received for previous positions advertised, we will be unable to respond to every application.